"SLC6X: system environment/base: xdg-utils
xdg-utils - Basic desktop integration functions
The xdg-utils package is a set of simple scripts that provide basic
desktop integration functions for any Free Desktop, such as Linux.
They are intended to provide a set of defacto standards.
This means that:
* Third party software developers can rely on these xdg-utils
for all of their simple integration needs.
* Developers of desktop environments can make sure that their
environments are well supported
* Distribution vendors can provide custom versions of these utilities
The following scripts are provided at this time:
* xdg-desktop-menu Install desktop menu items
* xdg-desktop-icon Install icons to the desktop
* xdg-icon-resource Install icon resources
* xdg-mime Query information about file type handling and
install descriptions for new file types
* xdg-open Open a file or URL in the user's preferred application
* xdg-email Send mail using the user's preferred e-mail composer
* xdg-screensaver Control the screensaver