"SLC5X: Development Tools: ltrace
ltrace - Tracks runtime library calls from dynamically linked executables.
||Scientific Linux CERN, http://cern.ch/linux
Ltrace is a debugging program which runs a specified command until the
command exits. While the command is executing, ltrace intercepts and
records both the dynamic library calls called by the executed process
and the signals received by the executed process. Ltrace can also
intercept and print system calls executed by the process.
You should install ltrace if you need a sysadmin tool for tracking the
execution of processes.
by Petr Machata (2013-05-02):
- Fix a resource leak in the PIE patch
by Petr Machata (2011-08-25):
- Add clone support patch that was ported by Martin Osvald
- Rebase upstream patchset for tracing multi-threaded processes
- Rebase upstream attach/detach fixes
- Fix syscall detection
- Rebase upstream patches for tracing across vfork
- Add RHEL-6 patch for SIGTRAP masked as SIGILL
- Resolves: #733216
by Petr Machata (2009-03-03):
- fix tracing of fork of 64-bit binaries with 64-bit ltrace on ppc
- improve earlychild patch
- Resolves: #265941