"SLC5X: Letter H: htdig-web
htdig-web - Scripts and HTML code needed for using ht://Dig as a web search engine
The ht://Dig system is a complete world wide web indexing and searching
system for a small domain or intranet. This system is not meant to replace
the need for powerful internet-wide search systems like Lycos, Infoseek,
Webcrawler and AltaVista. Instead it is meant to cover the search needs for
a single company, campus, or even a particular sub section of a web site. As
opposed to some WAIS-based or web-server based search engines, ht://Dig can
span several web servers at a site. The type of these different web servers
doesn't matter as long as they understand the HTTP 1.0 protocol.
The htdig-web package includes CGI scripts and HTML code needed to use
ht://Dig on a website.
ht://Dig was developed at San Diego State University as a way to search the
various web servers on the campus network.
by Adam Tkac (2009-02-12):
- handle databases with zero words well (#222419)
- htstat got segfault when there are no words in db
- write error message when external parser doesn't exist (#435741)
- don't write spurious error when allow_numbers is true (#435743)
- mark modifiable config files as noreplace (#459971)