"SLC5X: MySQL Database: MySQL-python
MySQL-python - An interface to MySQL
Python interface to MySQL
MySQLdb is an interface to the popular MySQL database server for Python.
The design goals are:
- Compliance with Python database API version 2.0
- Thread-friendliness (threads will not block each other)
- Compatibility with MySQL 3.23 and up
This module should be mostly compatible with an older interface
written by Joe Skinner and others. However, the older version is
a) not thread-friendly, b) written for MySQL 3.21, c) apparently
not actively maintained. No code from that version is used in MySQLdb.
by Tom Lane (2011-08-23):
- Update to MySQL-python 1.2.3c1 (not 1.2.3, because it would be
NVR-newer than RHEL-6)
- Sync specfile with RHEL-6, including:
- Use python-setuptools instead of distutils, stop using old setup.py
- Remove unnecessary manual Requires: specifications
- Update License tag to match code.