"SLC6X: development/debuggers: ltrace
ltrace - Tracks runtime library calls from dynamically linked executables
Ltrace is a debugging program which runs a specified command until the
command exits. While the command is executing, ltrace intercepts and
records both the dynamic library calls called by the executed process
and the signals received by the executed process. Ltrace can also
intercept and print system calls executed by the process.
You should install ltrace if you need a sysadmin tool for tracking the
execution of processes.
by Petr Machata (2014-07-10):
- Fix specifically ppc64/ppc32 tracing of PIE binaries.
by Petr Machata (2012-04-11):
- Fix the case that a breakpoint is reported by SIGILL instead of
SIGTRAP, and DECR_PC_AFTER_BREAK is non-zero, as is the case on
- Fix detach from sleeping process (ltrace-0.5-sigint.patch)
- Resolves: #738254
- Fix attach test case, patch courtesy of
Edjunior Barbosa Machado <email@example.com>
- Resolves: #811088
- Fix tracing return from functions called using a plain branch
instead of library call (ltrace-0.5-ppc64-linked-calls.patch)
- Add a patch for single-stepping over a lwarx/ldarx instruction
- Resolves: #811184
- Adjust the code to avoid some warnings (ltrace-0.5-warnings.patch)