"SLC6X: system environment/daemons: libreswan
libreswan - IPsec implementation with IKEv1 and IKEv2 keying protocols
Libreswan is a free implementation of IPsec & IKE for Linux. IPsec is
the Internet Protocol Security and uses strong cryptography to provide
both authentication and encryption services. These services allow you
to build secure tunnels through untrusted networks. Everything passing
through the untrusted net is encrypted by the ipsec gateway machine and
decrypted by the gateway at the other end of the tunnel. The resulting
tunnel is a virtual private network or VPN.
This package contains the daemons and userland tools for setting up
Libreswan. It supports the NETKEY/XFRM IPsec kernel stack that exists
in the default Linux kernel.
Libreswan also supports IKEv2 (RFC-7296) and Secure Labeling
Libreswan is based on Openswan-2.6.38 which in turn is based on FreeS/WAN-2.04
by Paul Wouters (2020-01-07):
- Resolves: rhbz#1781903 ipsec newhostkey fails with ipsec rsasigkey: key pair generation failed: -8187
by Paul Wouters (2017-09-19):
- Resolves: rhbz#1493917 (new-ksk-libreswan-el6) Add DNSSEC trust anchor KSK 2017
by Paul Wouters (2017-01-15):
- Resolves: rhbz#1403201 pluto uses up available memory and fails with 'unable to popen'
- Resolves: rhbz#1311360 When IKE rekeys [...] (updated for IKEv1 responder side)
by Paul Wouters (2016-03-07):
- Resolves: rhbz#1289498 keyingtries=0 is broken [revert]