"SLC6X: development/libraries: libguestfs
libguestfs - Access and modify virtual machine disk images
|Vendor:||Scientific Linux CERN, http://cern.ch/linux|
Libguestfs is a library for accessing and modifying guest disk images. Amongst the things this is good for: making batch configuration changes to guests, getting disk used/free statistics (see also: virt-df), migrating between virtualization systems (see also: virt-p2v), performing partial backups, performing partial guest clones, cloning guests and changing registry/UUID/hostname info, and much else besides. Libguestfs uses Linux kernel and qemu code, and can access any type of guest filesystem that Linux and qemu can, including but not limited to: ext2/3/4, btrfs, FAT and NTFS, LVM, many different disk partition schemes, qcow, qcow2, vmdk. Libguestfs provides ways to enumerate guest storage (eg. partitions, LVs, what filesystem is in each LV, etc.). It can also run commands in the context of the guest. Libguestfs is a library that can be linked with C and C++ management programs. For high level virt tools, guestfish (shell scripting and command line access), and guestmount (mount guest filesystems using FUSE), install 'libguestfs-tools'. For shell scripting and command line access, install 'guestfish'. To mount guest filesystems on the host using FUSE, install 'libguestfs-mount'. For Java bindings, install 'libguestfs-java-devel'. For OCaml bindings, install 'ocaml-libguestfs-devel'. For Perl bindings, install 'perl-Sys-Guestfs'. For Python bindings, install 'python-libguestfs'. For Ruby bindings, install 'ruby-libguestfs'.
|libguestfs-1.20.11-20.el6.x86_64 [2.1 MiB]||
by Pino Toscano (2016-10-26):
- inspection: fix detection of /usr in separate partition resolves: rhbz#1388407
|libguestfs-1.20.11-17.el6.x86_64 [2.1 MiB]||
by Pino Toscano (2016-01-19):
- Mention ext2/3/4 in set-label error messages for ext labels. resolves: rhbz#1294956 - Fix handling of symlinks in ll and llz, and when editing files in guestfish and virt-edit. resolves: rhbz#1293276
|libguestfs-1.20.11-14.el6.x86_64 [2.1 MiB]||
by Pino Toscano (2015-01-19):
- Raise augeas (Build)Requires to >= 1.0.0-8.el6, which fixes rhbz#1160261, so virt-sysprep can remove users from /etc/shadow; also remove note about that lack. resolves: rhbz#1138630 - Make sure that libguesfs (the library itself), and virt-sparsify in particular, can handle filenames with ':'. resolves: rhbz#1128942
|libguestfs-1.20.11-11.el6.x86_64 [2.0 MiB]||
by Richard W.M. Jones (2014-09-08):
- virt-sysprep: Fix locking accounts with passwords. resolves: rhbz#1037166 - Update copy-patches script to RHEL 6.6.
|libguestfs-1.20.11-2.el6.x86_64 [2.0 MiB]||
by Richard W.M. Jones (2013-10-16):
- Fix CVE-2013-4419: insecure temporary directory handling for guestfish's network socket resolves: rhbz#1019737
|libguestfs-1.16.34-2.el6.x86_64 [1.5 MiB]||
by Richard W.M. Jones (2012-12-06):
- Bump and rebuild to fix RHBZ#883559.
|libguestfs-1.16.19-1.el6.x86_64 [1.5 MiB]||
by Richard W.M. Jones (2012-04-18):
- Rebase to libguestfs 1.16.19 resolves: rhbz#719879 - Rebuild against augeas 0.9.0-3.el6 related: rhbz#808662 - Fix: Don't abort inspection if mdadm.conf ARRAY doesn't have a uuid. - Switch back to git for patch management.
|libguestfs-1.7.17-26.el6.x86_64 [1.5 MiB]||
by Richard W.M. Jones (2011-08-12):
- Document that remote run in cmd substitution context hangs. resolves: rhbz#730248 - Note that additional memory may be required to typecheck Augeas lenses. resolves: rhbz#729887