"SLC6X: development/tools: libguestfs-tools
libguestfs-tools - System administration tools for virtual machines
This package contains miscellaneous system administrator command line
tools for virtual machines.
Guestfish is the Filesystem Interactive SHell, for accessing and
modifying virtual machine disk images from the command line and shell
The guestmount command lets you mount guest filesystems on the host
using FUSE and libguestfs.
Virt-alignment-scan scans virtual machines looking for partition
Virt-cat is a command line tool to display the contents of a file in a
Virt-copy-in and virt-copy-out are command line tools for uploading
and downloading files and directories to and from virtual machines.
Virt-df is a command line tool to display free space on virtual
machine filesystems. Unlike other tools, it doesn’t just display the
amount of space allocated to a virtual machine, but can look inside
the virtual machine to see how much space is really being used. It is
like the df(1) command, but for virtual machines, except that it also
works for Windows virtual machines.
Virt-edit is a command line tool to edit the contents of a file in a
Virt-filesystems is a command line tool to display the filesystems,
partitions, block devices, LVs, VGs and PVs found in a disk image
or virtual machine. It replaces the deprecated programs
virt-list-filesystems and virt-list-partitions with a much more
Virt-format is a command line tool to erase and make blank disks.
Virt-inspector examines a virtual machine and tries to determine the
version of the OS, the kernel version, what drivers are installed,
whether the virtual machine is fully virtualized (FV) or
para-virtualized (PV), what applications are installed and more.
Virt-ls is a command line tool to list out files in a virtual machine.
Virt-make-fs is a command line tool to build a filesystem out of
a collection of files or a tarball.
Virt-rescue provides a rescue shell for making interactive,
unstructured fixes to virtual machines.
Virt-resize can resize existing virtual machine disk images.
Virt-sparsify makes virtual machine disk images sparse (thin-provisioned).
Virt-sysprep lets you reset or unconfigure virtual machines in
preparation for cloning them.
Virt-tar-in and virt-tar-out are archive, backup and upload tools
for virtual machines. These replace the deprecated program virt-tar.
Virt-win-reg lets you look at and modify the Windows Registry of
Windows virtual machines.
by Pino Toscano (2016-10-26):
- inspection: fix detection of /usr in separate partition
by Pino Toscano (2016-01-19):
- Mention ext2/3/4 in set-label error messages for ext labels.
- Fix handling of symlinks in ll and llz, and when editing files in guestfish
by Pino Toscano (2015-01-19):
- Raise augeas (Build)Requires to >= 1.0.0-8.el6, which fixes
rhbz#1160261, so virt-sysprep can remove users from /etc/shadow;
also remove note about that lack.
- Make sure that libguesfs (the library itself), and virt-sparsify in
particular, can handle filenames with ':'.
by Richard W.M. Jones (2014-09-08):
- virt-sysprep: Fix locking accounts with passwords.
- Update copy-patches script to RHEL 6.6.
by Richard W.M. Jones (2013-10-16):
- Fix CVE-2013-4419: insecure temporary directory handling for
guestfish's network socket
by Richard W.M. Jones (2012-12-06):
- Bump and rebuild to fix RHBZ#883559.
by Richard W.M. Jones (2012-04-18):
- Rebase to libguestfs 1.16.19
- Rebuild against augeas 0.9.0-3.el6
- Fix: Don't abort inspection if mdadm.conf ARRAY doesn't have a uuid.
- Switch back to git for patch management.
by Richard W.M. Jones (2011-08-12):
- Document that remote run in cmd substitution context hangs.
- Note that additional memory may be required to typecheck Augeas lenses.