"SLC6X: system environment/daemons: ibacm
ibacm - InfiniBand Communication Manager Assistant
The ib_acm daemon helps reduce the load of managing path record lookups on
large InfiniBand fabrics by providing a user space implementation of what
is functionally similar to an ARP cache. The use of ib_acm, when properly
configured, can reduce the SA packet load of a large IB cluster from O(n^2)
to O(n). The ib_acm daemon is started and normally runs in the background,
user applications need not know about this daemon as long as their app
uses librdmacm to handle connection bring up/tear down. The librdmacm
library knows how to talk directly to the ib_acm daemon to retrieve data.
by Doug Ledford (2015-03-11):
- Update to official 1.0.9 release
- Related: bz1119108
by Doug Ledford (2014-06-16):
- Update to head of git repo to pick up dynamic addressing changes
- Resolves: bz1056662
by Doug Ledford (2012-10-15):
- Update to latest upstream via git repo
- Resolves: bz866222, bz866223
by Doug Ledford (2012-04-05):
- Until the next upstream release, the pid file is in a wonky location.
Make the init script know about that location so we can stop properly.
- Resolves: bz808599