"SLC6X: development/libraries: hivex
hivex - Read and write Windows Registry binary hive files
Hive files are undocumented binary files that Windows uses to store
the Windows Registry on the disk. Hivex is a library that can read
and write to these files.
'hivexsh' is a shell you can use to interactively navigate a hive
'hivexregedit' lets you export and merge to the textual regedit
'hivexml' can be used to convert a hive file to a more useful XML
In order to get access to the hive files themselves, you can copy them
from a Windows machine. They are usually found in
%systemroot%\system32\config. For virtual machines we recommend
using libguestfs or guestfish to copy out these files. libguestfs
also provides a useful high-level tool called 'virt-win-reg' (based on
hivex technology) which can be used to query specific registry keys in
an existing Windows VM.
For OCaml bindings, see 'ocaml-hivex-devel'.
For Perl bindings, see 'perl-hivex'.
For Python bindings, see 'python-hivex'.
by Richard W.M. Jones (2015-02-27):
- Add missing checks for small/truncated files
- Fix typo in man page Win::Hivex.3.pm
by Richard W.M. Jones (2012-10-11):
- Remove loaded text from description
- Add patch to fix parsing of hives that contain large ri-records
by Richard W.M. Jones (2011-12-20):
- Rebase to upstream version 1.3.3
- Add upstream patch: hivexml: Remove unused variable.
- Add upstream patch: hivex: Added gnulib includes from builddir [...]
by Richard W.M. Jones (2011-01-14):
- Fix multilib conflicts in *.pyc and *.pyo files.
- Only install unversioned *.so file for Python bindings.