"SLC6X: system environment/libraries: foomatic
foomatic - Database of printers and printer drivers
Foomatic is a comprehensive, spooler-independent database of printers,
printer drivers, and driver descriptions. It contains utilities to
generate driver description files and printer queues for CUPS, LPD,
LPRng, and PDQ using the database. There is also the possibility to
read the PJL options out of PJL-capable laser printers and take them
into account at the driver description file generation.
There are spooler-independent command line interfaces to manipulate
queues (foomatic-configure) and to print files/manipulate jobs
The site http://www.linuxprinting.org/ is based on this database.
by Jiri Popelka (2016-01-22):
- Also consider back tick and semicolon as illegal shell escape characters.
- CVE-2015-8327, CVE-2015-8560
by Tim Waugh (2013-06-14):
- Too few arguments for format in a debugging string (bug #726385).
- Fixed perl installation locations for build (bug #661770).
by Tim Waugh (2011-07-26):
- Applied patch to fix improper sanitization of command line options
(CVE-2011-2697, bug #721001).