Sometimes called text editors, these are programs that allow you to create and edit files. These include Emacs and Vi.
- emacs - GNU Emacs text editor
- emacs-leim - Emacs Lisp files for input methods for international characters.
- emacs-nox - GNU Emacs text editor without X support
- gnuplot-emacs - Emacs bindings for the gnuplot main application
- nedit - A GUI text editor for systems with X
- vim-X11 - The VIM version of the vi editor for the X Window System.
- vim-enhanced - A version of the VIM editor which includes recent enhancements.