This is a driver for the Synaptics TouchPad for XOrg/XFree86 4.x. A Synaptics
touchpad by default operates in compatibility mode by emulating a standard
mouse. However, by using a dedicated driver, more advanced features of the
touchpad becomes available.
* Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and speed.
* Button events through short touching of the touchpad.
* Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad.
* Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the touchpad.
* Middle and right button events on the upper and lower corner of the touchpad.
* Vertical scrolling (button four and five events) through moving the finger on the right side of the touchpad.
* The up/down button sends button four/five events.
* Horizontal scrolling (button six and seven events) through moving the finger on the lower side of the touchpad.
* The multi-buttons send button four/five events, and six/seven events for horizontal scrolling.
* Adjustable finger detection.
* Multifinger taps: two finger for middle button and three finger for right button events. (Needs hardware support. Not all models implement this feature.)
* Run-time configuration using shared memory. This means you can change parameter settings without restarting the X server.