"SLC5X: Letter V: vim-common
vim-common - The common files needed by any version of the VIM editor.
||Scientific Linux CERN, http://cern.ch/linux
VIM (VIsual editor iMproved) is an updated and improved version of the
vi editor. Vi was the first real screen-based editor for UNIX, and is
still very popular. VIM improves on vi by adding new features:
multiple windows, multi-level undo, block highlighting and more. The
vim-common package contains files which every VIM binary will need in
order to run.
If you are installing vim-enhanced or vim-X11, you'll also need
to install the vim-common package.
by Karsten Hopp (2012-07-10):
- remove obsolete 'e' in front of filenames (netrw.vim)
- fix recursive function call when doing completion
by Karsten Hopp (2010-08-04):
- move gvim desktop entry to Accessories (#506442)
- redo several patches so that they apply with fuzz=0
- fix syntax error when a script contains \c (#512265)
- fix end of line error in ex mode comments (#572157)
by Karsten Hopp (2009-06-12):
- fix release
- fix file delete in netrw (#505344)
by Karsten Hopp (2008-11-05):
- fix netrw