CentOS 7 - Updates for x86_64: applications/system: mlocate
mlocate - An utility for finding files by name
mlocate is a locate/updatedb implementation. It keeps a database of
all existing files and allows you to lookup files by name.
The 'm' stands for "merging": updatedb reuses the existing database to avoid
rereading most of the file system, which makes updatedb faster and does not
trash the system caches as much as traditional locate implementations.
by Michal Sekletar (2017-11-09):
- change upstream URL also in specfile (#1502361)
by Michal Sekletar (2016-02-03):
- index zfs filesystems despite the fact they are marked as nodev (#1304416)
- add gpfs to PRUNEFS (#1180672)
- mlocate.db is ghost file created with non-default attrs, list them explicitly so rpm --verify doesn't report errors (#1182306)
- use more strict permissions for cron script (#1179633)
by Daniel Mach (2014-01-24):
- Mass rebuild 2014-01-24